See the new report here
Key statistics in “Counting the pennies: increasing the transparency in the UK’s public finances” include:
- £2.312 trillion – Total value of published transactions made by local and central government (2011-2015).
- £14 million – Redacted transaction data reported in a single month by Hackney London Borough Council that did not identify suppliers – largest in this research.
- 35% – Proportion of contracts awarded where it is unclear who the supplier is.
- 81,057 – Different descriptions given to transactions making analysis of data near impossible
- 75% – Proportion of transactions that contain company registration numbers.